If you shop online at Amazon or are thinking about it, this article should help you learn the best ways to save money with Amazon!
I'll admit I was a little slow to join the Amazon Prime band wagon. I didn't know much about it even though my parents and friends swore by it every time it came up in a conversation.
Yes, I know I live in Seattle. Amazon is everywhere I look – employees on my bus commute, the Amazon Pantry trucks out for deliveries, and Amazon packages piling up in the mailroom at my apartment. Still, I held off and ignored what Amazon had to offer.
The best way to save money with Amazon
You can try out their 30 day trial – for free!
The cost to join was $99 for a 1-year membership and included a ton of great features!
- 7 Ways to Save $500 Right Now
- 17 Painless Ways to Save Over $300 in 30 Days
- How to Track Your Expenses
- Tips for a No Spend Day or Week or Month
- How to Save Money on Groceries Without Coupons
What are the benefits of Amazon Prime
There are several benefits to joining Amazon Prime that I can think of. These are additional ways to save money!
-The majority of items ship to you free in 2 days, including on weekends! This is a huge time saver and extremely convenient. Seriously, I am starting to feel spoiled with how quick the shipping is.
-Access to Amazon Pantry is available in certain parts of the country. I haven't tried this out yet, but I know a couple of people who use this in my building and love it.
-If you like to read, another advantage is access to a huge library of ebooks. There are thousands of books in their library. You can also read brand new books, magazines, and more with Kindle Unlimited.
-If you like to watch TV and movies, you also get access to Amazon's huge database of unlimited movies and tv shows. This is comparable to Netflix and Hulu.
-If you are a student, you can apply for a Student Membership. This includes a free 6-month trial and 50% off your membership when you join.
My top 3 recommended items I order on Amazon Prime
Because I have a budget, I rarely overspend or indulge using Amazon Prime. I still price compare certain items to make sure I am getting a deal and the best price possible.
One of the areas in my budget I dislike shopping for is for household goods. I always struggle to find the best pricing and used to end up grabbing these items at my grocery store, which isn't always best for my budget.
These are my top 3 favorite household items on Amazon Prime
1. Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Bath Tissue, 48 Double Rolls – priced under $24, this item arrives in a big box. This is so much easier to have delivered than going to the grocery store or Costco. I normally walk to my grocery store and it's really hard to carry a big pack of this home while balancing my groceries as well.
2. Sparkle Paper Towels, 24 Giant Rolls, Pick-A-Size, White – this is another item I loved buying through Amazon Prime. It is also under $24 for the entire pack. This pack will
probably last me 6 months! I have found the savings to be more substantial than purchasing at the store. Amazon even offers digital coupons, including a $1 off when you purchase this item.
3. Finish Powerball Tabs Dishwasher Detergent Tablets, Fresh Scent, 90 Count – These are so handy and convenient. I put the box under my kitchen sink and these are so easy to use! I have not found a better price anywhere and these have lasted 5 to 6 months in my apartment. The best part is the price is under $14 for 90!
What else can you buy on Amazon Prime?
Prime has anything and everything you could ever need! There is so much more I want to buy, but my budget keeps me grounded.
Other items I have purchased include:
- Wee-wee pads for my dogs
- New silverware since mine got lost in the shuffle between moves
- Trash bags
- Floor mats
- Folding table
- Curling Iron
I am even considering purchasing a new mattress as there are some great deals and great reviews online! I would pretty much buy anything on Amazon Prime because of the great pricing and the convenience of quick shipping.