When I read My Debt Epiphany’s post about updating her financial goals from the new year and breaking it down per quarter, I thought that was a brilliant idea! Lately I have been focusing on month to month goals, but not creating any mid or long term blogging and financial goals.
There is a lot I want to accomplish in the next several months and it’s a little overwhelming!
I don’t want to overcommit and set myself up for failure if I don’t reach a goal. I also don’t want to sell myself short for fear of failing.
Prior to writing this post, I didn’t have any major goals written down that I was trying to achieve. I have basic goals I want to reach each month, but I’m a little passive about end of the month results. I decided it was best to hold myself accountable and write down what I would like to achieve over the next several months.
If you are thinking about starting a blog, this tutorial will help you start a blog today. You’ll also get a FREE domain name for a year! I was able to quit my job and blog full time, all within my first year of blogging. I am really glad I took a chance and started a blog! I invested a small amount of money to start my blog using Bluehost, and I made $13,000 in 6 months of blogging. That’s the best return of investment ever!
I decided to organize my personal and financial goals into two categories. My mid term goals are between now and the next three months. My long term goals are where I want to be six months from now.
Free 7 Day Blogging Course via Email
Join thousands that have learned how to start and grow a profitable blog. Sign up for free tips below and get started right now!
Believe in a Budget Blog 3 Month Goals
- Get my Alexa rank under 350,000. I am currently at 488,000.
- Grow my Twitter following to 1000. I am right under 500.
- Work on creating a newsletter
- Have a guest blogger on once a month. The interaction and cross promotion with Chonce and Charissa was a lot of fun!
- Create at least 2 photos for each blog post that can be shared on Pinterest.
- Speaking of Pinterest, I want to join more group boards and gain more followers. I currently have a new strategy in place when it comes to pinning and the results are already paying off!
Believe in a Budget Blog 6 Months Goal
- Increase my page views to 5000 a month.
- Apply for sponsored posts or join larger affiliate networks, like Shareasale and Cooperatize.
Niche Site 3 Month Goals
- I want my niche website up and running by the middle of May. I am only about 25% done and need to spend a good chunk of my free time on this website.
Niche Site 6 Month Goals
- Publish my ebook for my niche site in mid September. I have the outline done as well as some of the chapters, but still have a ways to go. The ebook will coordinate with my niche site really well!
Personal and Financial Goals
Personal 3-6 Month Goals
- Save $2000 for car repair. Aside from some standard car maintenance, my car will be needing at least 2 new tires. I also have a feeling it will need some sort of operation as the transmission is running a little funny. I literally have no idea how much this costs, but know it won’t be cheap!
- Put away at least $7500 in savings. I have put paying off my student loan debt on the back burner right now as I am trying to reach this goal. This is going to be one of my most stressful financial goals to date, as I am on a time crunch. I can’t reveal exactly what this is for just yet, but I should be able to at my next quarterly review!
- Typical Day in the Life of a Full Time Blogger
- 9 Ways to Avoid Blogging and Freelance Burnout
- How to Manage Your Time as a Blogger
- 90-Day Blogging Guide For Beginners